Online Application Deadline
: April 30, 2023 (18:00 KST)
Final Selection Announcement
: Early July
Submission of Short Film Script
: July 9, 2023 (18:00 KST)
: July 17 – September 23, 2023
: September 24 – October 13, 2023
- Who has Asian nationality, and overseas Korean (Age 18 or older) seeking one’s dream and future in cinema
- * Regarding nationality, eligibility, and definition of overseas Korean, please refer to our FAQ
- Who has experience in directing, producing, cinematography, editing, production design or sound at least two short films
- Who can communicate in English
- Who submits all required documents and supporting materials on time
- Who can attend all sessions including online pre-production
- Who has never attended Asian Film Academy / CHANEL X BIFF Asian Film Academy before
Application Materials (All documents should be in English)
- Application Form (Application will be accepted until April 30 via online application form only)
- Introduction of yourself in relation to film work
- The reason why you wish to attend the program
- Your future plans in film work
- A Letter of Recommendation with the recommender's contact information & signature * Optional
- Portfolio in directing, producing, cinematography, or other major role (downloadable file(s))
- * Must have English subtitle, if its dialogue is not in English
- * Accepted video film formats : AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPEG-2, or WMV
If you choose to upload a MOV file, make sure that it is not using the Apple ProRes compression.
We do not support reading Apple ProRes files or raw camera formats like ARRI and RED at this time.
- * In case of a film over 40 min in length, please make it a 15 min-clip for submission
- * Total running time required is under 40 minutes
How to Apply
- Once you fill out your online application form
- Upload requirements below on the form
- * Scanned letter of recommendation in PDF/JPG format (Optional)
- * Web-link for your portfolio-work
The link must be downloadable, not streaming link.
After clicking the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the application form, the applicant will receive an Edit Link via e-mail.
The Edit Link allows the applicant to modify the application form up until the final deadline.
- The cost for travelling within Asia, accommodation, meals, equipment will be provided to all selected fellows.
- English interview will be conducted via Zoom for those who pass the initial screening.